Grassland cover has always been part of an upland habitat management plan, only recently has it become a key ingredient of a full scale deer management tool. Orion has extensive knowledge in the planting and management of native warm season grasses.
Let us develop a custom planting plan for you farm to complement your field-edge and forest-based food plots. Fawn cover and day-bedding areas are two of the key reasons to include native warm season grasses in your farm’s habitat management planning. Orion can provide the following native warm season grass services:
- Proper site, grass, and forb species selection for you area
- Planting either conventional or no-till
- Pre and post-emerge herbicide application and spot spraying for noxious weed outbreaks
- Custom burn planning and implementation assistance
- Stand monitoring to assure species balance